The 2014 Key Stage 2 tests will take place from 12-16 May. Schools have been asked to keep this period free for administering the tests.
Science sampling tests for children at the end of key stage 2 recommence in June this year. We will find out in May if your child has been selected.
The levels 3-5 tests must be taken before the corresponding level 6 tests on the scheduled day.
Please note: children are not automatically entered for the level 6 tests. If we feel that this would be beneficial for you your parents will have already been informed.
|Date ||Tests |
|Monday 12 May ||Levels 3-5 English reading test |
Level 6 English reading test
|Tuesday 13 May ||Levels 3-5 English grammar, punctuation and spelling test |
Level 6 English grammar, punctuation and spelling test
|Wednesday 14 May ||Levels 3-5 mental mathematics test |
Levels 3-5 mathematics Paper 1
No level 6 tests timetabled for this day
|Thursday 15 May ||Levels 3-5 mathematics Paper 2 |
Level 6 mathematics Paper 1
Level 6 mathematics Paper 2
If you are busy revising over the holidays – well done, keep up the hard work.
Here are some tips to help you:
1. Choose a place to revise where you will not be distracted.
2. Drink plenty of water. Water stops your brain dehydrating and will help you concentrate for longer.
3. Get plenty of sleep. If you are tired, you will never perform to the best of your ability.
4. Take a short break every 20 minutes.
5. If you get stuck on something, come back to it later or ask a teacher / parent to help.
6. Reward yourself for working hard. It might be playing out, watching a favourite TV programme or having a biscuit.
7. Study in short sessions, but often. Don’t spend hours working away!
If you are stuck on anything at all. Post a message on here and we will help you out.
Keep working hard – not long to go now!
Hope you have all had a fantastic half term and that you have been keeping on top of your revision. Remember to revise a little bit and often. This way you will retain more information. If you try to revise everything all in one go, or leave it until the last minute, you are more likely to forget vital pieces of information.
This half term is going to be hard work for all of us. But… I can guarantee it will all be worth it in the end. Castlerigg!!!!
So… make sure you are organised for tomorrow and be ready for action.
Some revision tips coming next…
Wow! We are getting so close now.
Will we reach 3000 over the half term holidays?
Why not post a message to let everyone know what you are up to over the holidays.
Don’t forget to make sure that you are doing a little bit of revision too. What have you been practising?
Miss Mooney and Mr. Annia.
Hi it’s Savannah (sazzy) How are u all doing at st Philips xxx