Reading Challenge

Hi Year 6,

Please post your reading challenges here. I look forward to reading them.

Happy reading!

Miss Mooney

1. charlie says:

reading challenge
    new blurb

Someone is interfering with time, The Doctor, Rose and captain Jack arrive in modern day Earth to find the culprit.
    But blood sucking vampires which are humans that have evolved try to stop them, they soon realise they are not in modern England but 10000000001000 years in the future.

The Doctor finds out another person from his planet is living, another time Lord, and he wants the Tardis
    will he sucseed,what will happen?

If you want to know what happens next then read the book, Doctor Who Only human.

2. OLIVER DELLAR says:

This week a read a book called Diary of a Wimpy Kid.I really enjoy these books and the author is amazing and I am really sad to say that I have read every single book in the seriese.

3. charlie says:

Doctor Who the coldest war.

EMERGANCY!!!
    Calling im in the Tardis but it has lost power and have crash landed in deserted snowy place.
    Something is absorbing all the power of any object that comes by, I think it could be a Sycorax a creature that needs energy to keep its ship working.
    Im stranded whith no power help is needed.

4. Meghan says:

Vile Victorians Terry Deary
    Challenge 24
    1. How did William Shaw blind two of his pupils?
    2. Why were children who worked called ‘Mould Runners’
    3. Why did Second Baron Rothschild tame a bear?

Meghan

5. OLIVER DELLAR says:

This week I read an even better book than last week.
    The book is called The Dangours book fo boys,
    this book really taught me a lot of things eg:how to tigh a lot of diffrent types of knots and how to build a tree house.

The reason I chose this book was because I’ve read all the other at home but to be fair I’m glad I did.
    So for this week my book gets a 10 out of 10.

6. OLIVER DELLAR says:

This week I read a book called the 1950s.
    It was a really great book and I never knew the first dog to go to space was called …
    Lenka and a veteran of satilite testing was called Mlishka.
    I really enjoyed reading this book it was, really fun learning about the 1950s and what it had to offer.
    secretly I now perfer the 1950s than the 21st centery.
    SO I am going to give this book a 10 out of 10.
    And 105% for effort.

7. charlie says:

Cloud riders chapter 1-chapter 6

My favourite part has got to be, when the tornado spun into action and tore up anything in it’s way, the wind blowing pellets of rain.
    This is my favourite part because the description was absolutely amazing I felt like I was in the book, with the wind in my face.

Character description:

Dom is a determined and joyful boy who lets nothing get in his way, accept from a bully.
    He has anger issues though but that doesn’t stop him, he has a crush on a girl called Jules.

8. charlie says:

Doctor who the clockwise man

create a new blurb,
    in the old 1920s London they’re has been a mysterious murder, and the doctor and Rose found their selves on the search for the murderer.
    But the thing is no one or anything is to be what it seems, secrets lie behind every unlocked or locked door.
    what is the murderer unhuman or human?

• 6ra says:

Highly interesting Charlie. I’ll discuss this with you in class and sort out your dojo points too.
      Mr. Annia

9. OLIVER DELLAR says:

This week I read an awesome book called Dear Olly it is about a girl called Olly who’s brother went a way to be a clown in Africa.
    This book was really meaningful and made me, feel close to the characters.If a had to make a choice to live Olly’s life or not , I would probaly say not.Cos, her life is is full of sadness an disper and really made me feel sorry for Olly.

I pick this book up just cos it said Olly, but now I’ve read it I have plenty more reasons why you should read it.

I you were to pick this book up and put it stright back down you a fool,
    so that is why I give this book a ten out of ten.

10. Abbie says:

This week I have been reading a amazing book called triplets.The thing that I most love about this book is that it’s not all about one person inperticular which I like in a book.

I have not read all of the book but I only got a few chapters left and so far my fav chapter is chapter 4 because,with all the excitement that been going on with one the characters secret admirer the other two sisters have been getting ready for the valentines dance.

My least fav moment is the beginning because it’s a bit boring.I don’t know why I find it boring though. I guess its just confusing for me.

One thing that I would suggest if you dside to read it is to read the first one,out of seven, before reading any others because otherwise it will get really confusing.

So for all of its amazing stories I’m going to give this book an 7 out of 10 because I thought it could be better.

11. OLIVER DELLAR says:

This week I honestly read the the best book ever.
    I know i always say that but this time it is for real,
    the book is called Kensuke’s Kingdom to be fair I have been reading this book for a few weeks.
    The author a ths book is Michael Morpougo.

My favouret bit is the end of the book but is also the sadess bit.It is when the hunters come and try to kill the
    animals,but Kensuke saves them by hiding them with the help of Micheal.
    And soon after my Micheals perants rescure him and Kensuke has to say good bye.

12. charlie says:

reading challenge Barry Loser on holiday

I thought this book was absoulutley amazing and humourous,
    this fantastic book is about a boy called Barry and he goes on holiday.

My favourite part has got to be when Barry and his friends were in the car driving to the caravan, and one of Barrys friends kep on saying are we there yet.
    Then everyone was getting anoined.
    Its my faverite part because i know im like that in the car sometimes and also because it was very humorous.

I would say anyone can read this brilliant even adults mighht like this satisfing book.
    It deserves a 10 out off 10!

13. Ayron says:

Kensuke’s kingdom
    A message in a bottle

Help! I am Michael , I am stuck in this weird and crazy Island with my Dog . I need you to come and rescue me get out from this Island ,it’s a creepy nightmare.I am not alone I am with an old man .

I need Help!

14. Ayron says:

Kensuke’s kingdom
    A message in a bottle

15. Ayron says:

Kensuke Kingdom .
    Message in a bottle .
    Someone , yes you , reading this message right now. I need your help to rescue me from this Island and this old man who acts strange whenever he sees me , i am alone with my dog in the Island .

This all began when my dad decided to take me and my family on a boat trip around the world and one night a heavy storm came and blew me out of my boat and into the water.Then I swam to safety(the island) I just wish we had listened to Gran .

I need immediate help i can’t bear it anymore .

16. Meghan says:

My message in a bottle:
    SOS
    I am Michael. I have been stranded on an island for around 5 months, because I fell out of a boat with my dog Stella Artois. We NEED someone to come and rescue us.

If you see a yacht called the,’Peggy Sue,’ please can you give them this message. The people on the yacht are my parents: it is their boat that I fell out of.

I don’t know where I am exactly, but a kind elderly man, Kensuke, is looking after me on an island; somewhere near the Coral Sea. The Coral Sea was where I fell out of the boat.

Meghan Clarke

17. OLIVER DELLAR says:

This week I bought an amzing book, called Diary ofa Wimpy Kid the long haul.This book was an international bestseller and I can see why it’s amazing and really drous me into the book I love it.It’s the best book I’ve ever read.

The main reason it’s my favouret book is the humor and stupidness of the characters.It’s just sutch a good book.
    My favouret character is Rodrick because he is always getting in trouble but he is super dumb and funny.

So that is my reading challeng for this week.
    and i rate this book a 10/10.

18. daniel says:

Kensuke’s Kingdom
    Letter in a bottle.

Dear Mum and Dad,
    I’m just writing to you to say that I’m okay and not hurt, (even though I got stung by a white jellyfish and was paralysed for a couple of days). I hope your okay, I really miss you. Although I was sad because the storm separated us, I’m really happy here. I’ve also met a friend called Kensuke, he’s from Japan. He might be old, but he’s very active. We played football!

If your reading this, I hope you can come and stay with me and Kensuke and all Kensuke’s orang-utans (don’t worry, they don’t bite).

Yours sincerely,
    Michael.

19. charlie says:

Kensukes Kingdom letter in a bottle

HELP HELP HELP…
    I am Michael I crashed on an Island about 5 Months ago and would like you to come and rescue me.
    I miss my Parents so very much and just want to see them again, I don’t really like it here I just want to go home and eat proper food.
    PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE!

I’m on a small Island whith an old Man who will look after me till you come.

• 6ra says:

I think you’ve captured the feelings of Michael really well here. Could you include any clues as to where the island might be?
      Mr. Annia

20. OLIVER DELLAR says:

This week I read a book called Cloud Rider.The name of the author who wrote this book is Nick Cook, I was really lucky to have Nick come into our class for a workshop.

I relly, really enjoyed this book, it was amazing, this book really made me fell for the characters and the scene around the book.

My favouret part of this book is when a twister hits town and Dom risks his life, to save two girls who a trip in an aircraft in the twiser.

I enjoyed this book because it really gives you a feel for the caracter.

21. Nathan says:

Kensuke’s Kingdom
    NO.11

Michel’s Mum and Dad have lost there job and both are not very happy. After Mum losing her interest in sailing, Dad tries to make Mum love it by moving to a different place and going sailing around the world.

• 6ra says:

Thanks for posting on here Nathan. Please take care before posting and make sure you edit your work so it ALL makes sense.
      Mr. Annia

22. Nathan says:

Miss Mooney, do we put this weeks reading challenge on read for my school?

• 6AM says:

Yes Nathan.

There are some great ones being added on there! I look forward to reading yours.

Miss Mooney

23. OLIVER DELLAR says:

The amazing book I read this week was called, Dairy of a Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever.I really enjoyed this book it was very interesting and funny, I have read this book one or two times but it just gets better each time.
    The authors name is Jeff Kinney he must be an amazing person, to write a book as cool as that.

The books moat amazing part was hard to choose, but I choose this one.
    Greg and Rodrick were at the side of a swimming pool and
    Rodrick protened to dround so a irl would help him but,
    instead a fat and hairy man did and gave him mouth to mouth.

I really enjoyed this book and I would love to thank the aouther in person
    I will give this book a 10 out of 10 for funness and coolness.

• 6ra says:

Super reading challenge Oliver. +1DP
      Have you read any non-fiction this year? Or done any reading challenges for non-fiction?
      Also, make sure you read what you’ve typed carefully as there are a few errors. These could’ve been avoided.
      Thanks for using and posting on the blog.
      Mr. Annia

24. Ayron says:

READING CHALLENGE
    18/01/2016
    BOOK:I before e except after c ,old school ways to remember things .

This book is not a story book , but a spectacular non fiction book designed to help you remember things easier E.G like the colors of the rainbow and how to remember things in maths , science and English . I would recommend this book to children over 10 since half the book is really difficult to understand . This book does contain some funny pages like what to do when you see someone lying on the floor unconscious and how to spell funny words like eccentric and embarrass .

These are some sayings I have learned .

1.S IS THE VERB C IS THE NOUN THAT IS THE RULE THAT RUNS THE TOWN.FOR license or licence .
    2.Diarrhoea : Dash In A Real Hurry Or Else Accident.

• 6ra says:

I have a copy of this book too. It is a great read.
      Well done Ayron. I think this may be your best reading challenge yet.
      +1DP
      Mr. Annia

25. Meghan says:

The book I have chosen is called Bindi Babes by Narinder Dhami. It is about three sisters: Amber (Ambijat, her real name), Jazz (Jasvinder) and Geena; the coolest kids in school. They have been through some very tough times together; they lost their mum because of an illness, yet they have made their world perfect for their needs. They get everything they want, but one accessory they don’t want (at all) is an interfering auntie trying to ruin their style.

The girl’s think that their Auntie is cramping their style and interfering in their lives. For once they actually want to spend time at school, yet they have pressure on them for when Ofsted turn up to make it the best assembly ever.

In the end when their auntie is going to go back to India, because the girl’s don’t want her, the three of them realise they have hurt her and try to make it up by starting over again. This works, so they all become happy again. Yet Amber, Jazz and Geena still think their auntie should find a husband.

I used 182 words
    Meghan C

• Meghan says:

This challenge was no.25

• 6ra says:

This is the best reading challenge I’ve read from you Meghan. A good range of sentence types and punctuation. You have shown that reading challenges are an ideal place to practise your writing.
      +1DP – I’m putting it on now!
      Mr. Annia

• 6ra says:

I liked your word count too! Why not take a look at this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00rfvk1

If we can fit it in, we may try and do it in school.
      Mr. Annia

• Meghan says:

Thanks mr Annia. I did the 500 word competition last year and I was planning to do it again this year
      Meghan

• 6ra says:

Great stuff Meghan. I’d love to read it when you’ve finished.
      Mr. Annia

26. oliver dellar says:

This week I read an amazing book. The was called dairy of a wimpy kid the third wheel.
    The great man that wrote this book is called Jeff Kinney.
    I think I’m a lot like Greg Heffley because I have an older sibling and an younger sibling and they both tease me and tell me off.
    I think the character I’m least like is Manny because he is the youngest and I’m nothing like the youngest.
    and that is my reading challang done.

• 6ra says:

Thanks for submitting your reading challenge Oliver. Unfortunately, because you had already submitted it to us, you were then unable to make any changes. At least you know for next time.
      Great to see you using the blog.
      Mr. Annia

• 6ra says:

+1DP
      Mr. Annia

27. charlie says:

write a new blurb for the book

a normal wagon train with normal pioneers on has turned into a nightmare, people say they have seen sightings of ghosts which are outside and on the wagon train.
    but the doctor and rose his beloved companion think extraterrestrial happening and try to catch the aliens.

do you think its ghosts or aliens?

• 6ra says:

Great reading challenge Charlie. Doctor Who! It must be! Can I ask that you include capital letters next time as part of your punctuation?
      Thanks, +1DP
      Mr. Annia

28. Ayron says:

No.nothing ,write about when you received your favorite book .
    Tom Gates
    Finally I’ve got both the amazing,latest and exciting Tom Gates books. I have waited 3 months to get this book and now I have it thanks to the book fair.

I wanted to get this book since to finish the collection , and I love Tom Gates books, they are my favorite , I even think it’s much better than DIARY OF A WIMPY KID .

Even though i have not read it yet I would still rate it 10 out of 10 to all the other books.

• 6ra says:

What number challenge is this? Could you read it and edit it before I mark it as I think there are a few errors in.
      Thanks,
      Mr. Annia

29. Ayron says:

Everybody, remember that you have to bring in your reading challenges on Monday.

30. Ayron says:

NO.11 AWFUL AUNTIE
    by David Walliams
    This book is about a young girl [Stella] who has to find a way of geting her rights back as the heir to her house , but as many stories there is always something to stop you from reaching the goal , like a monster or something , but in this book it’s her own auntie !!!

• 6ra says:

Great brackets, but once again, you have used TOO MANY COMMAS! It is a rather a short reading challenge too.
      Mr. Annia

• Ayron says:

NO .11 was meant to be about planning a blurb

31. Ayron says:

Are we allowed to do a reading challenge about the same book more than once .

32. Ayron says:

GUINNESS WORLD RECORD BOOK 2015 .

1. What is the biggest roller coaster in the world.

2.Who made the biggest Asian food in the world.

3.How Big is the largest mammal in the world .

• 6ra says:

Are these questions? Notice how my question has a question mark. Great effort with the challenges but it would be nice if you took a little more care.
      Mr. Annia

33. Caitlin says:

5/12/14
    Reading challenge 14: Naughty Amelia Jane
    1. Why have you given the book this name?
    2. Why do you use the words naughty Amelia Jane on nearly every page?
    3. How many books have you written?

• Ayron says:

Caitlin your reading challenge is very similar to mine , very similar.

• 6ra says:

Beautifully punctuated Caitlin. Very throught provoking questions too. +1DP
      Mr. Annia

34. Ayron says:

2/12/14 READING CHALLENGE
    Ask the a author 3 questions about the book
    BOOK: The Stunning Science Of Everything
    1.Why have you given the book this name .
    2.Why do you use pictures of dinosaurs on nearly every page .
    3.how many books have you written .

• 6ra says:

Thanks for telling us which challenge this is. Question marks?
      Mr. Annia

35. Caitlin says:

Doing 5 reading challenge’s now , I’ll post some on this blog and do some in my blog.

36. Meghan says:

Challenge 22
    Natural History Museum Kids Only
    1.All dinosaurs laid eggs like birds.
    2.The cave swiftlet makes a nest out of its spit.
    3.All Apes have finger-nails and toe-nails.
    4.Pyramid blocks are large, single celled organisms called nummulites.
    5.Diamonds are the hardest substance known.
    Meghan C

37. Meghan says:

Challenge 11
    Bad Girls Jacqueline Wilson
    Mandy is being bullied at school,but Kim,Melanie and Sarah better watch out! Mandy has a new friend.Tanya is daring, cheeky and full of fun. Mandy’s mum thinks Tanya is a bad girl and will get Mandy into lots of trouble. Mandy is sure mum is wrong, is she…

38. Meghan says:

Challenge 14
    Awful Auntie David Walliams
    1 How do you think of the book?
    2 Why do you include Raj in all the books you have ever written?
    3 How did you decide it would be set in a palace?
    4 What was your inspiration for the book?
    5 How did you find out all the information about the Great Bavarian Mountain Owl?
    Meghan C

39. Cal says:

Is it possible to put photos of drawings on here?

• 6AM says:

Bring them into school and I will try and put them on for you.
      Good to see you on the blog Callum.

• Harriet says:

Callum,
      how did you change your avatar picture.
      thanks’Harriet

40. Jin says:

Reading Challenge:9th November 2014
    Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds)

Challenge 14: Write 5 questions you would like to ask the author about the book.

1) Where were the space aliens from (what planet)?

2) How did you get the idea of writing this book?

3) Why did you choose these specific characters?

4) Why did you pick George, Captain Underpants and Harold to be the main characters?

5) Why did you pick these characters?

• 6ra says:

Good questions Jin. You’ve thought about what you’ve read. I like question 3 and the word ‘specific’.
      For question 2 I’d word it like this…”Where did you get the inspiration for…” perhaps?
      What would your answer be to question 5 – if you were the author? +1DP
      Mr. Annia

41. Ayron says:

How can we change our AVATAR

42. Jin says:

31st October 2014
    Book is Beast Quest;The New Age; Serpio the Slithering Shadow.
    Challenge 11:Write a new blurb for the back of the book. AF3
    Original blurb: Kensa the Sorceress seeks to overthrow Avantia and become a cruel ruler-and has created six evil beats to do her bidding. It’s up to Tom and hais faithful companions to defeat them.

My blurb: Kensa wants to take over Avantia and become the worlds cruelest ruler, she has made six evil, terrifying,dastardly beasts. It is now Tom and his trustworthy friends to destroy them but will they succeed…
    Read to find out!

• Ayron says:

I used to love BEAST QUEST BOOKS . I STILL DO .

• 6ra says:

Looking good Jin. Please note this in your reading challenge and tick off the corresponding activity on your chart. +1DP
      Mr. Annia

43. Ayron says:

How many reading challenges do you expect from us through the holiday Mr Annia ?

• 6ra says:

For those of you who have been doing weekly (or more) challenges then I trust you to choose how many you want to do-including you Ayron!
      I shall be speaking to those who haven’t done any when we get back!
      Mr Annia

• Ayron says:

thanks mr annia

• 6ra says:

No problem Ayron – I’m sure you will keep yourself busy.
      Mr. Annia

44. Luke B says:

You lot are much better than me at reading challenges!

• 6ra says:

Luke, when you put your mind to it, you produced some excellent work!
      Mr. Annia

45. Jin says:

READING CHALLENGE: 21th October 2014
    Challenge: 22, From a non-fiction book write a list of at least 5 things you have learnt or found out.

The book is Over 1000 Facts on Planet Earth.

1) Each rock or mineral stands for a month of your birthday, eg.: If your birthday is in April, you are born in the ‘diamond’ month and if you were born in December, you would have been born in the ‘turquoise’ month.

2) A cave in mexico has a huge crystal cave with crystals over 100 tones!

3) Sea animals were alive before dinosaurs.

4) The lava of a volcano cools down quickly and turns into a big, long block of solid rock.

5) The Jurassic Period was one of the periods that dinosaurs lived in.

Jin Tao

• 6AM says:

What birth stone are you Jin?
      Mine is Amethyst – so what month is my birthday?

These are great facts.
      Well done Jin.

• Jin says:

Mine is Turquoise(December), is yours February?

• 6AM says:

Well done Jin! I’ll pop a dojo point on for you.

• Jin says:

My Sister’s birth stone is a diamond(April).

• Jin says:

Thank you Miss Mooney!
      Hope your leg is getting better!

• 6ra says:

Excellent facts Jin. Has this reading challenge been rewarded with some dojo points?
      Keep up the excellent work.
      Mr. Annia

• HOPE says:

My birth stone is a Ruby because i was born i July;-)

46. Jin says:

READING CHALLENGE: 21th October 2014

Book: Over 1000 Facts on Planet Earth

JIn Tao

• 6ra says:

Hi Jin,
      Great work. Do you prefer putting your reading challenges on the blog or in your book? Or don’t you mind?
      Mr. Annia

47. hope says:

READING CHALLENGE, NUMBER 11,
    Diary of a wimpy kid, The third weel:
    Write a new blurb for the back of the book.

There’s a big valentines dance at Greg Heffley’s school, but will he find a date? Will his best friend Rowley find a date?

What will happen when Greg finally finds someone to take to the dance and his friend is left out in the cold?

A lot can happen in one night, and who knows who will be the one lucky in love….

48. Jin says:

READING CHALLENGE: 5/10/14
    No book.
    Challenge: Number 30

I would want to read another Tom Gates book next because the front cover is really eye-catchy with lots of pictures and bright colours. It’s a great way to welcome you to a book, so to speak. The blurb is also quite catchy too, also with lots of doodles on it. The language is funny too so that is why I want to get a Tom Gates book for my next library book.

Jin-Tao

• 6ra says:

Would you recommend these books then? I think Ascend has recently read Tom Gates too.
      1 Dojo point.
      Mr. Annia

• Jin says:

Yes, I would because they are funny, hilarious and mind-blowing. The books are fantastic.

49. Jin says:

READING CHALLENGE: 5/10/14
    No book.
    Challenge: Number 30

Jin

50. ayron says:

Go to the library and pick a book explain why you chose it.
    The book is : diary of a wimpy kid the third wheel.
    The reason I chose it is because it had a beautiful cover , it had an interesting blurb and in the past I have heard people saying that this was fabulous book to read.

51. Caitlin says:

Challenge 3
    The secret garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
    1. What is the main problem?
    2. Is the ending happy/sad?
    3. Who are the main characters?

I would rate this book a 8/10

• 6ra says:

I like your first question best – it means that the reader has to think more and give a detailed answer rather than one word/sentence.
      1 Dojo point.
      Mr. Annia

52. ayron says:

23/09/2014
    Ask 5 questions to the author about the book.
    The book is:I funny.
    1)why does grimmy want to the funniest kid in the world.
    2)why did Grimmy change houses.
    3)was part of Grimmy’s job at the diner.
    4)why doesn’t the bully stand Grimmy’s jokes.
    5)was grimmy’s uncle have a tasty restaurant.

• 6ra says:

Thanks Ayron. You’re doing well with your reading challenges. See me for a Dojo point on Monday.
      Mr. Annia

• 6ra says:

p.s. don’t forget your question marks!

53. Daniel says:

Sunday 21st September 2014-reading challenge 1.
    Stitch Head by Guy Bass.
    Book rating:10/10.I chose this book because it has got lots of superb vocabulary and description.
    For example, shadowy depths, headless horses,flesh-eating chairs.
    I think the author chose these fantastic describing words because he wants the reader to feel the gruesomeness and the terrorism that comes from the book.
    Stitch Head is quite funny as well because of the pictures the author put in the book.
    For example, the monster the professor created was all angry so Stitch Head had to come to the rescue, but when Stitch Head woke up the monster screamed and was all cowardly so he hid himself behind a statue. It was really funny.
    I really enjoyed reading this book it was excellent!!!

• 6AM says:

Brilliant Daniel.
      Two years ago Guy Bass came to Mansfield library. We thought he was hilarious – Stitch Head is an intriguing character.
      2 Dojo points for you. Which Daniel is this? 6AM or 6RA?

• Daniel Tu says:

6RA

54. Hollie says:

Challenge 27, go to the library and choose a book. Write down why you chose that book.AF6
    The book I chose was called AT A VET’S. This book made me want to read it as the blurb was really well wrote and was of interest to me, (it talked about animals and some of the scenarios which can happen at the vets.)The front cover is bright and bold, (not dull) which I like and it is really well illustrated making you wonder, I wonder what’s happening on that picture all before you’ve even opened to the first page.

• 6AM says:

Thank you for your reading challenge Holly. Who wrote this book?
      2 Dojo points for you.

• 6ra says:

You were very passionate about this book when I spoke to you about it. Hope to see you soon Hollie.
      Mr. Annia

55. Harriet says:

Friday 19th September Hothouse Flower by Rose Impy
    Challenge 27:Go to the library and choose a book.Write down why you chose that book.

I chose this book because, when I read the blurb it was very interesting and I wanted to read on to see what happens. It drew my attention because I love brightly coloured flowers and it had them on the front. I also like reading books by different authors.

Thank you for setting up the reading challenge bit on the blog Mr Annia and Miss Mooney!!!!

• 6AM says:

Well done Harriet! 2 dojo points for being brave enough to post your Reading Challenge on the Blog.
      Super work. This book sounds great. Has anyone else read it?

• 6ra says:

Top stuff Harriet! A popular reading challenge to post on the blog, and a good one too.
      Very brave and entertaining to read.
      Thanks,
      Mr. Annia

• Meghan says:

I have read the book hothouse flower. If I’m not mistaken it includes many tricks to do Maths.

56. Harriet says:

This was for your reading challenge on Thursday 11th

57. Harriet says:

This is a brilliant reading challenge I thoroughly enjoyed reading it !!!!! WELL DONE Jin!!!!!!

58. Jin says:

Reading Challenge: 18th September 2014
    Book is Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!
    Challenge: Go to the library and choose a book. Write down why you chose that book.

I chose this book because the cover page looked really attractive and when I read the first page of the book it was interesting, not dull and boring, plus I know it is about someone in middle school and wants to go because he thinks it’s to much work.

Now I’ve started reading it and it’s like I can’t put the book down. I is a excellent book!

59. Jin says:

Reading Challenge: 18th September 2014
    Book: Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!

• 6ra says:

I saw you with that book and I would like to read it at some point! I still have to read Tom Gates too!
      Mr. Annia

• Jin says:

Don’t worry! I’ll be doing a reading challenge about Tom Gates soon!

60. Emily s. says:

Claire’s worry:
    Claire keeps on having these dreams, the ones where you are just falling and hitting her sister over the head with a pillow that is filled stones and rocks. She started having these dreams after watching a film. Her parents never let her scary films, so she went out and bought an 18 called The Monster. So she went and told her sister and put it on the website and then she was fine.
    This was my favourite worry.

• 6ra says:

All reading challenges are gratefully accepted. This is an interesting one. Just make sure you double check that everything makes sense before posting. I reckon you’ve missed a word or two but it could just be me.
      Thanks again.
      Anyone else wishing to post please do. Well done to everyone who has posted a challenge or done one in their book so far!
      Mr. Annia

• 6AM says:

Well done Emily. Super reading challenge.
      2 Dojo points for posting your first reading challenge on the Blog.
      Has Emily’s reading challenge made anyone want to read the book?

• Jin says:

Well,it does sound quite interesting! I’d might have a look at it. Great reading challenge!

61. Emily s. says:

18/09/2014 reading challenge
    Jacqueline Wilson, The Worry Website
    If you have a problem, this is the website for you. Seven kids (Claire, Natasha, Lisa, William, Samantha, Holly and Greg) each have a problem.

62. Emily s. says:

18/09/2014 reading challenge
    Jacqueline Wilson, The Worry Website

Claire’s worry:
    This was my favourite worry.

63. Emily s. says:

18/09/14 Reading challenge
    Jacqueline Wilson – The WORRY Website
    If you have a worry this is the website for you, just type, sent and read the replies. Seven kids ( Clair, Natasha, Lisa, William, Samantha, Holly and Greg)each have a problem.

Clair’s worry – Clair has these dreams every the falling down an escalator one’s and hitting her sister over the head with a pillow but it’s actually filled with rocks and stones. These dreams started after a film. Clair couldn’t watch films like the titanic and other films but one night she bought a DVD called ‘The Monster’. so she tells her sitter Judy. After telling her the dreams started to stop.

This was my favourite story.

64. Jin says:

Reading Challenge: 17th September 2014
    Book is Goodnight Mister Tom
    Challenge: Write 3 questions about the book.

The questions are:
    Why couldn’t Willie eat the bacon?

Why does Mr Tom looks like a giant to Willie although Mr Tom was a average sized man?

Why was Willie so scared of Mr Tom in the beginning?

• 6ra says:

You’ve really got to grips with the story so far. Some excellent questions posed here. I’d be interested in your own answers to these questions, or indeed anyone else’s thoughts?
      Mr.Annia

65. Jin says:

Reading Challenge: 17th September 2014
    Book: Goodnight Mister Tom

The questions are:
    Why couldn’t Willie eat the bacon?

66. Meghan says:

1: What was the name of the road which was farthest away from Cromwell road?
    2: What came out of Petrova’s birthday cake?
    3: What is Mr. Simpsons first name?

14/09/14 Ballet Shoes Noel Streatfeild

67. ayron says:

Year 6am who is anonymous/the unknown person.

68. Nathan says:

Jin that is a great reading challenge!

69. Jin says:

Thursday 11th September 2014 – Reading Challenge

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.

Book Rating:10/10. This book is a book with fantastic vocabulary and description.

Reading Challenge challenge:Write a summary of the story.

Characters (main): Charlie, Charlie’s mum, dad, grandfather and grandmother and Mr Willy Wonka.

My favourite part of the book was when the children got into trouble by doing things they shouldn’t have done!
    Augustus got stuck in a pipe, Veruca got into the furnace…

I also liked to part when Charlie was going to live in the chocolate factory and I think he deserved it because he was the most sensible child.

All parts of the book are amazing but enjoyed reading those 2 parts the most.

I would highly recommend you to read this book because you can take some fantastic words to use in your own writing.

This a superb book!