Castlerigg information

After the Easter holidays, we will giving out further information regarding our trip to Castlerigg.

I am posting the kit list on here because I know that some of you are wanting to go shopping over the holidays.

Here it is:

Castlerigg Residential Visit

Suggested Kit List

The following kit list is a recommendation only.

Please bring enough sensible clothing for the duration of your visit. Monday 18th to Friday 22nd May 2015.

It is essential that everyone brings a waterproof coat and over the  ankle walking boots. These can be hired from Castlerigg if required.

A hat or peaked cap is also highly recommended for use in both hot and cold weather.

• T-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, a fleece, and/or warm jumper.
  • Lots of thin layers are better than one or two thick ones.
  • Shorts, trousers (Please note that jeans or denim are fine for some on-site activities, but should not be worn on walks).
  • A smart disco outfit for the last evening.
  • Adequate amount of clean underwear and socks.
  • Nightclothes (dressing gown optional).
  • At least 2 pairs of footwear (eg. trainers or shoes), + walking boots (optional as these can be hired from the centre).
  • Wash kit (facecloth, soap, shower gel, toothbrush & toothpaste).
  • 2 hand towels, 2 bath towels
  • A personal drinks bottle
  • A lunchbox
  • Sun cream
  • A disposable camera (highly recommended). Or a digital camera (your child must take full responsibility for their digital camera).
  • At least two plastic bags; one to keep dirty clothes separate from clean clothes and a spare one.
  • Pack your main kit into a large hold-all or small suitcase.
  • Small amount of spending money (£10 maximum) to be given to an adult in a sealed envelope/wallet with your child’s name on it before departure. All food and activities have already been paid for.
  • NO mobile phones. Any young person attending the centre is discouraged from bringing their mobile phone. As part of the retreat we are encouraged to take a “step back” and take time out.

TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS

As this is a long journey your child may wish to bring something to occupy them. No electrical items though please.

Bring a small day bag or rucksack, preferably with two straps and large enough to carry lunch, waterproofs, and a spare sweatshirt or jumper.

Bring a small amount of money for a Burger King/Subway for the journey to and from Castlerigg.  Or your child may wish to bring a packed lunch. Should your child wish to have a packed lunch for the return journey this will be provided by Castlerigg.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All medicines must be given to an adult before departure. It would be useful if you could place these inside a clearly labelled bag or container.

If your child suffers from travel sickness please ensure that they bring enough medication for both journeys. A member of staff will ensure that your child takes their medicine.

Any questions please ask a member of the year 6 team.

Thanks,

Miss Mooney and Mr. Annia.

This entry was posted by 6AM on Sunday, April 12th, 2015 at 14:47 and is filed under Home . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1. victoria says:

hi everyone cant wait till castlerigg so excited ;]

2. Jin says:

I’ve read the kit list and I am wondering why we need a lunch box. Thanks.

• 6AM says:

Hi Jin, it’s so that you have something to put food in should we go out for the day. Thanks, Miss M.

3. Holly says:

I can’t wait till castle rigg,might start packing soon! 😀

4. charlie says:

I know what to do on the way to castle rig and back.

SSSSSSSLLLLEEEEEEPPPPP!

5. Harriet says:

Hi I just read the paper kit list and it says that you can’t bring slippers.I just wanted to know why because I brought some new ones for the trip specially.
    🙂

• 6AM says:

Ahhh hello Harriet. You must have the biggest suitcase ever! Have you actually packed? I’m so glad you are looking forward to it.
      Now… slippers. This is a Castlerigg rule I’m afraid. Not ours. Castlerigg request that we wear proper footwear to avoid any slips, trips or falls. There are stairs inside and polished floors. Some canvas type trainers are perfect for indoors.
      Hope this explains it.
      Miss Mooney.

6. Cris says:

Thanks for Castlerigg info,can’t wait to go!

7. Harriet says:

I just wanted to ask whether we can bring a small pillow for the journey on the way and on the way back for if we just want to rest our eyes or just to lean on to be comfy!

• 6AM says:

Of course Harriet. We want you to be comfy!

• Harriet says:

Thank you!
      I also wanted to ask whether the water proofs are just like a coat or whether we need the water proof bottoms too.I have both!!!

8. 6ra says:

Haha!
    Mr. Annia

9. Harriet says:

Does a large hold-all mean a big bag or a big suitcase?

• 6AM says:

Hi Harriet,
      A large hold-all (big bag) or small suitcase.
      Good luck!

10. Harriet says:

How much money should we bring for McDonald’s, Burger king or subway. Thank you for the clothes list!!!