Holocaust Centre

Hello everyone!

Well, what a week it has been.

6RA finally got round to visiting the Holocaust Centre in Laxton.

All feedback so far has been great – the standard of your behaviour, and the thought you put into your questions was top drawer.

Inspired by Abbie’s comment elsewhere on the blog, I have set up this post to discuss all our thoughts and ideas based on the Holocaust Centre.

We have our follow-up workshops next week and I know you’re all looking forward to those.

Please use this unique experience; this is a great (and easy) way of adding to your Conflict project!

Let’s hear what you have to say….

Mr. Annia

This entry was posted by 6ra on Thursday, October 16th, 2014 at 19:05 and is filed under Home . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1. Ayron says:

The trip was really awesome .

2. 6ra says:

Many, many highlights from our trip. Having been last year, I found listening to a different speaker and to work with Lynda very refreshing. Even though The Journey was roughly the same, there were some new questions being asked. Lots of thoughtful questions, too.
    You can all be very proud of yourselves.
    Mr. Annia

3. 6AM says:

Hi year 6.

Well it sounds like you have all had a great week. I am really disappointed that I couldn’t visit the Holocaust Centre this year.
    Last year, my favourite part of the trip was definitely listening to the survivor talks. Very emotional and makes you realise just how lucky you are.
    My great grandad was a prisoner of war during World War I. He was guarding a bridge when he was kidnapped and forced to work in the salt mines – but fortunately managed to escape. However, because he had been made to work in the salt mines without any shoes on, this caused him to have extremely sore feet for the rest of his life.
    As we approach the month of November we remember all those people that lost their lives fighting for our freedom.
    Keep up the great work Year 6.
    Miss Mooney

4. Jin says:

The National Holocaust Centre was a great experience of the Holocaust and WW2; in a normal museum you wouldn’t be able to touch things but the best thing about the centre is that you can touch things and feel things. I defiantly coming back to THIS Museum, it is way better than 100%!!:)
    Fantastic day, thank you everyone who organised it and the Holocaust Centre.

• Ayron says:

Yes Jin you are right we all should thank all the staff who have spent their time taking us to the Holocaust centre . Thankyou mr Annia and Mrs Clarke

5. Jin says:

The National Holocaust Centre was a great experience of the Holocaust and WW2; in a normal museum you wouldn’t be able to touch things but the best thing about the centre is that you can touch things and feel things. I definitely coming back to THIS Museum, it is way better than 100%!!:)

6. Caitlin's mum says:

Not sure why it’s says Alfie’s mum whoops

7. Caitlin's mum says:

Really enjoyed the trip today and found it very interesting , even as an adult I learnt things I didn’t know. The children as always were a credit to the school . My grandparents met on a prisoner of war camp in Poland and i will be able to tell them things I saw and hopefully take them to the centre .